Living The Country Life!!

Living The Country Life!!

Thursday, July 24, 2014

Happiness Is...


Can anyone tell me what time it is?  Raspberry jam time!  When I was a teenager, I used to pick raspberries...and I absolutely hated it!  Picking the berries was no problem...it was the spiders that hung out in the vines.  Ewww!  And everyone knows how much I hate spidies!  I buy my berries down the road at another farm.  And I buy them already picked!  The price went up this year to $20 a flat which holds 12 1/2 pints.  I'm thinking that the price is still pretty good.  Especially since I didn't have to pick them!


I also put up some applesauce.  We have a transparent apple tree and really, the only thing you can do with transparents is make applesauce.  No sugar added.  Just apples and cinnamon.  The apples are too soft for pies, and since goats only have bottom teeth, they are loving the soft apples.    


I found some tattler lids!  I'm kind of apprehensive about using them...at least with the metal lids I can tell if they are sealed or not.  But I will give them a go and do an update on the blog.


We had some birds move in to the bird house down in the front yard.  One of the openings was immediately stuffed.  Hummm...I wonder why?  Was that in a kids' room?


Twitter and Prudence were getting a little snack from Farm Man.


The other goats saw that the other two were getting a snack, and wanted one too.  As much as they all tried, they just couldn't reach the tree branch.


Can you kind of see the outline in the yard?  That is the outline of our pond.  It's going to be a big one.  I can't wait!!


Farm Man had to move some implements around.  They were sitting next to the trees that will be coming down, so he got the tractor and rearranged all the fencing and added the implements under the big holly tree.


I know Farm Man looks at all of this and thinks to himself, "Man, I can't wait until I start putting the fence back up."


All the peeps are doing good.  They come running to me when I go out, thinking I might have a snack or something.  Yeah, I have a snack!  Start laying and you'll get a snack!  I have your snack right here buddy....   

No comments:

Post a Comment