Living The Country Life!!

Living The Country Life!!

Friday, August 1, 2014

TGIF !!


 Happy Friday!!  We had a little girl with black pig tails visit us here at the farm at the beginning of the week.


Oh wait!  That's Molly!  Molly and Pete had a spa day this week.  They both have been on diets since last year and not much of a weight loss.  So we changed foods and they both have lost some pounds.  Molly has lost 3 pounds!   Doesn't the weight loss make her look so much younger?  Well, that and her little hair cut!


And Pete has lost four pounds!  Way to go Mr. Pete!  Molly, we found out, has pancreatitis and has to eat a low fat diet.  Both of them are doing so much better!


Then there is Tully.  She is a very good eater.  I noticed the other day that I kept on getting whiffs of Estee Lauder.  For those of you that don't know my grandma, she loved her Estee Lauder.  So anytime I smell it, it reminds me of her.  She is 99 and lives in Portland.  So anyhow, I picked Tully up to take her out for a pee, and bam!  Estee Lauder!  Then I noticed the little blanket that Tully was using....yep, that little lap blanket was grandmas.  Even though that blanket has been washed many times, it still has the lingering smell of grandma's perfume.  You know, now that I think about it, maybe this wasn't a lap blanket.  I think it used to be bigger but for some unknown reason, has shrunk.  Hence why Tully is using it. 


We are now eating lots of fresh veggies every night from the garden.  We are also getting lots of berries for tarts and pies.  We did have some tomatoes but those were eaten before the camera came out.


Since we are being over loaded with apples, Farm Man brought out his fruit press that I had gotten him for his birthday.


He loaded up the press and there it was...apple cider!  There is nothing like fresh apple cider!


I let the babies run free today.  They had the whole yard to themselves so I just let them go anywhere.  The guinea babies are almost 7 weeks old and the others, including the turkeys are about 13 weeks old.  


They loved being out front, and they loved the watermelon!  


Those black chickies are supposed to be oriental bantams.  I don't know.  My bantams are usually smaller than what these ladies are.  They have long legs.  And they are always talking.  Just wait until I introduce them to Max!  Hopefully there will be a love connection here at Fuzzy Heart Farm!

No comments:

Post a Comment